Sunday, November 13, 2011

Why This Blog

I have spent a long time programming, since 1979, and I have mostly taught myself. I've had the chance to work with some amazing programmers who could make the computer dance, but rarely have I worked with programmers who could write easy to read, easy to use, easy to debug (though it rarely needed it), and easy to maintain code. Browse Amazon or a local bookstore and there are very few books on the subject and of those some are out of date, assume the reader knows too much, or is incomplete. I don't know if this blog can address those problems, but that is what I will try to do.

Jackson Pollack, Number 1, 1950
Since the intent is to introduce an approach to programming that may be different than many people use there is no target skill level. Some of the best programmers I know write code that can only be described as Pollack-esque.

It is not the intent of this blog to say there is only one way to code, nor is it my intent to judge others' code or programming style. I have found an approach that works well for me and has helped many new programmers organize their thinking.

So with that out of the way let's get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment